NI 9-1-1 BOARD
Top Row: Bob Wells, CVRD; John McNabb, ACRD; Joe Stanhope, RDN
Front Row: Phil Wainwright, MWRD; Larry Samson, SRD (chair)
Absent: Sandy McCormick, PRRD
The primary duties of the North Island 9-1-1 Corporation board are to manage the assets of the corporation, specifically:
1. Through the secretary of the corporation establish and approve a yearly operating budget.
2. Approve all capital expenditures for additions to or replacement of system components.
3. Maintain an agreement with E-Comm to provide initial call answering for 911 calls.
4. Approve all new or revised operational policies and procedures and ensure they are followed.
5. Resolve any jurisdictional disputes and or operational disputes between participating agencies or regional districts.
6. Operate and maintain a fire dispatch and mapping system used for the dispatch of 50 fire departments covering a geographic area of approximately 56,000 square kilometres.
7. Oversee and manage an agreement for fire dispatching services with the City of Campbell River.
Approvals are on a weighted vote based on the number of common shares:
|Comox Valley Regional District||6|
|Regional District of Nanaimo||5|
|Strathcona Regional District||4|
|Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District||3|
|Powell River Regional District||2|
|Mt. Waddington Regional District||1|